Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sun Jan 29 2017, 03:01

Back to top Go down
http://thejoliepittfamily.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sun Jan 29 2017, 04:28

Terrence Malick Plans to Release ‘Radegund’ & Perfume Commercial with Angelina Jolie in 2017

So, it’s not that surprising that Terrence Malick, the brilliant filmmaker behind Badlands, The Thin Red Line, and The Tree of Life, is now working on a smaller scale as well. FilmStage reports that Malick has directed a commercial for Guerlain perfumes starring Angelina Jolie, and that the commercial will be released sometime in March. Not much else is known about Jolie and Malick’s collaboration but just the fact that they will be meeting for the first time in this format makes the (presumably) short film something to get excited about.

http://collider.com/terrence-malick-radegund-angelina-jolie-commercial-2017/#images
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Thu Feb 02 2017, 16:49

Angelina Jolie: Refugee Policy Should Be Based on Facts, Not Fear

By ANGELINA JOLIEFEB. 2, 2017
Refugees are men, women and children caught in the fury of war, or the cross hairs of persecution. Far from being terrorists, they are often the victims of terrorism themselves.

I’m proud of our country’s history of giving shelter to the most vulnerable people. Americans have shed blood to defend the idea that human rights transcend culture, geography, ethnicity and religion. The decision to suspend the resettlement of refugees to the United States and deny entry to citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries has been met with shock by our friends around the world precisely because of this record.

The global refugee crisis and the threat from terrorism make it entirely justifiable that we consider how best to secure our borders. Every government must balance the needs of its citizens with its international responsibilities. But our response must be measured and should be based on facts, not fear.

As the mother of six children, who were all born in foreign lands and are proud American citizens, I very much want our country to be safe for them, and all our nation’s children. But I also want to know that refugee children who qualify for asylum will always have a chance to plead their case to a compassionate America. And that we can manage our security without writing off citizens of entire countries — even babies — as unsafe to visit our country by virtue of geography or religion.

https://www.nytimes.com/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Thu Feb 02 2017, 16:56

Jennifer 8. Lee ‏@jenny8lee · 2h2 hours ago

One of the most eloquent and elegantly written pieces against Trump's executive order, by Angelina Jolie

ITA.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Thu Feb 02 2017, 17:20

cr bradpittonlinetumblr
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Thu Feb 02 2017, 17:29

International Film Festival comes at critical juncture for industry

Returning once again to grace the silver screens of Phnom Penh next month, the seventh Cambodian International Film Festival (CIFF) will feature more than 160 screenings and events to promote further sustainable growth within the fledgling industry.

On the back of last year’s success, which gathered more than 17,000 people, this year’s CIFF comes at a critical juncture in the Cambodian film industry, according to the Cambodian Film Commission’s (CFC) foreign advisor, Cédric Eloy.  

“The CIFF will feature films in and about Cambodia and the program this year is a reflection of the creativity of the feature films, documentaries and short films that are made in Cambodia,” he said during a press conference at the Bophana Center.

“The industry is developing slowly but surely. We have a large and interesting production that we can bring to the international market.”

The recent release of Cambodian films such as “Jailbreak,” hailed as Cambodia’s first action movie, and “Diamond Island,” which won a prize in last year’s prestigious Cannes Film Festival, demonstrate the growing improvements within the local industry, according to Mr. Eloy.

He said he hopes these Cambodian entries into the festival will help garner further international attention for the local industry, so more film companies will choose to shoot movies in the kingdom.

Premiering at this year’s festival is Amit Dubey’s “Mind Cage” – a Cambodian thriller – as well as the Cambodian premiere of Rithy Panh’s “Exile,” a meditative essay on his life under the Khmer Rouge, which was part of last year’s Cannes official selection.

Other local highlights include Sok Visal’s “Poppy Goes to Hollywood,” a comedy aiming to raise awareness of the LGBT community.

Mr. Visal said he was thrilled that his film was invited to the festival and said the growing popularity of Cambodian films was a sign of the industry’s continued improvement.

“I think the quality is getting better and they deserve the attention they need so that one day Cambodia can be seen as a cultural destination for film and art,” he said.

“I think the CIFF is one very important element that will help get this international attention.”  

Demonstrating the region’s growing demand for homegrown films, international highlights include the premiere of “Asian Threefold Mirror: Reflections” on March 8.

A collaborative effort coproduced by the Japan Foundation Asia Center, the work strings together three episodes between three directors, Sotho Kulikar from Cambodia, Brilliante Mendoza from the Philippines and Isao Yukisada from Japan.

The work is designed to help deepen understanding between Japan and other Asian nations and is a perfect example of the ethos behind the CIFF, according to Mr. Visal.

“CIFF has been created to bring more curiosity to the audience and invite the audience to see things within the theaters,” he said.

After the success of her presidency over last year’s festival, Hollywood director and actress Angelina Jolie will continue her support of this year’s festival as a patron, according to a CFC statement.

She said in the statement that she was delighted to continue her support of the festival.

“It is an inspiring expression of the talent, creativity and vibrancy of Cambodian filmmaking and a bridge to other artists around the world,” she said.

“I hope this year’s festival will contribute to the exchange of ideas and introduce more people to Cambodia as a home for film and art.”

Her patronage comes after completing her film adaptation of Loung Ung’s memoir “First They Killed My Father,” filmed in Cambodia and set to premiere in Siem Reap on February 18.

The Cambodian International Film Festival will run from March 4-9, with a detailed program of events listed online at www.cambodia-iff.com.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/35000/international-film-festival-comes-at-critical-juncture-for-industry/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Fri Feb 17 2017, 21:02

Cristiano Ronaldo to appear alongside actress Angelina Jolie in Turkish television series about a Syrian family fleeing the civil war as refugees
Cristiano Ronaldo will feature in Turkish television series called Hayat Koprusu
The filming will take place in the south-east of Turkey near the Syrian border
Ronaldo played in Real Madrid's 3-1 win over Napoli in the Champions League

By Jonathan Spencer For Mailonline

Published: 18:21 EST, 17 February 2017 | Updated: 20:48 EST, 17 February 2017

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo will appear alongside famous actress Angelina Jolie in a Turkish television series about a Syrian family fleeing the civil war as refugees.

The series, called Hayat Koprusu, will be shown in Turkey, the Middle East and Latin America.

Filming will occur in the south-east of Turkey near the Syrian border and will focus around a Syrian family escaping from the civil war as refugees.

'We will begin filming in the first week of April, the series is about the plight of a refugee family and what they go through,' director Eyup Dirlik told Turkish Football.

'There will be appearances from actors and actresses from all over the world including Cristiano Ronaldo, Angelina Jolie and Nancy Ajram.'

Ronaldo featured for the full 90 minutes in Real's 3-1 Champions League victory against Italian side Napoli on Wednesday evening at the Bernabeu.

Zinedine Zidane's side beat the Serie A outfit thanks to goals from Karim Benzema, Toni Kroos and Casemiro and they will be looking to hold onto their lead away from home when they meet in the second-leg clash on March 7.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4236440/Cristiano-Ronaldo-star-alongside-Angelina-Jolie-series.html#ixzz4Z0Ay4jcg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Fri Feb 17 2017, 21:13

Angelina Jolie’s ‘First They Killed My Father’ to get royal treatment

Cambodia's king will preside over the film premiere Saturday. Jolie has an affinity for the nation and adopted her eldest son from Cambodia.

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia — Cambodia’s King Norodom Sihamoni will preside over the premiere Saturday of Angelina Jolie’s film based on a memoir from a Khmer Rouge survivor.

Queen Mother Norodom Monineath Sihanouk and senior government officials will also attend the showing of “First They Killed My Father” at the centuries-old Angkor Wat temple complex, a spokesman for the government agency that oversees the archaeological site said Tuesday.

Jolie, who directed the Khmer-language film on location in 2015-16, is also scheduled to attend.

Two free public screens are planned at the site near Siem Reap in northwestern Cambodia.

The film is based on Loung Ung’s account of her survival as a child under the 1975-79 communist Khmer Rouge regime, believed to be responsible for the deaths of 1.7 million Cambodians from starvation, disease and execution.

Jolie has had an affinity for Cambodia since she began goodwill work for the U.N.’s refugee agency in 2001, and her eldest son, Maddox, was adopted from the country. She also has established a foundation to promote social development in rural Cambodia.

Jolie’s previous directorial projects include the 2015 marriage drama “By the Sea,” in which she starred alongside then-husband Brad Pitt, and the 2014 survival story “Unbroken.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/02/14/angelina-jolies-latest-film-to-get-royal-treatment/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Fri Feb 17 2017, 22:05

Q&A: Behind the camera of First They Killed My Father

Fri, 17 February 2017

Alessandro Marazzi Sassoon

English-born Anthony Dod Mantle, the director of photography for the upcoming Angelina Jolie and Rithy Panh-produced First They Killed My Father, has worked on films such as 28 Days Later, Dredd, The Last King of Scotland and Slumdog Millionaire, for which he won an Oscar. Last week, he took a break from a project he’s working on in Russia with Oliver Stone to chat with Alessandro Marazzi Sassoon about his experience working on the Khmer Rouge historical feature, an adaptation of the autobiographical book by Loung Ung.

Q: You’ve worked on several major films before. How was this experience different?
A: When you get dropped out of an airplane in the middle of a rice paddy in Cambodia three days before shooting commences – yes, it was different. I’m used to doing bigger films, and I consider this one in a way a “big-small film” or a “small-big film”. I began shooting the film on the first day with three or four hundred background actors on day one, [while] getting to know Angelina, who I didn’t know, and getting to know a whole crew who I didn’t know. I found her [to be] very much a sister, [and] I felt artistically very close to her.

Q: So with little time to prepare you were tasked in helping portray Loung Ung’s telling of one of the least understood episodes of mass atrocity in history. What guided your work?
A: When you think that probably most of the Cambodians in Phnom Penh had [not] three days but three hours to get ready to evacuate Phnom Penh . . . in many ways it was an allegory of something far more serious. So my problems were very middle class and gentle compared to what was one of the darkest unsolved chapters in world history.

On the prep subject, obviously Angelina had some ideas – and the film was guided by this extraordinary pair of eyes that belonged to Loung [Ung], the extraordinary girl on this journey. So what we decided early was to try and find a conceptual and practical way of as much as possible telling the story in a poetic and honest way . . . from this little girl’s point of view. From her space, from her head, from her eyes . 

Q: How the hell do you get a camera down at that height and see the world from a child’s point of view when you’ve got 500 people in the front of the camera?
A: Basically, we agreed we had to work out [that point of view] and there was very, very little dialogue in the film. It’s like a poem an emotional poem so the camera together with the sound and the way we orchestrated movements and lights and darkness, that’s what the film is. When you see from a child’s point of view . . . tanks and soldiers coming down the street towards you when you’re in the middle of having a game of hopscotch on the pavement any world audience . . . knows how to understand that. Angelina encouraged me, and all of us, to stay very strong with that concept of experiencing it from Loung’s [point of view].

Content image - Phnom Penh Post

On the set of First They Killed My Father. Pax Jolie Pitt/Photo supplied

Q: How did you ‘do your homework’ in those three days to prepare?
A: Three days in a very nice hotel in Siem Reap surrounded by the films of Rithy Panh, [studying] on the internet and with books. Obviously, I knew historically about Pol Pot, and I knew about the American bombings in Cambodia. I hadn’t been able to feel
the depth of the scar on a country like Cambodia until I arrived in Siem Reap. I just hope this film gives something back to the Cambodian people. My other experience of the war, as such, was one film, a very Americanised film not a bad film, but a very different film – The Killing Fields . . . But what was so beautiful about Angelina’s idea is that you’re trying to make this home-grown product. I think this film fits her oratory and her political profile more than any film she’s done to date.

Q: How would you describe the aesthetic of the film – given that as DP that’s where you leave your fingerprints the most?
A: Angelina and this film is so much about the camera and trusting gentle perception a restrained camera [and] a restrained depiction of violence. We all know how violent and horrific these years were in Cambodia. But the actual way we’ve done it is a very interesting task for any cinematographer It’s trying to tell something terrifying in as gentle a way as possible.

I think it would have been wrong if we went straight into extreme visual violence. It’s better to slowly unravel – [like] a child’s mind slowly comes to terms with the unravelling. A child is just observing and trying to understand what’s playful and what’s not playful. What are these guns? Why are people running? Angelina was very responsible for holding me back, saying “take it easy, not too much blood, not too much violence. Let’s try and control this gently.” I think she was right to do that.

I used to get shivers down my spine towards the end, emotionally, even though I was in a technical process. I would get shivers and tears in my eyes at the end and that’s very unusual for me. There’s something very interesting and sublime for me about the last part of the film. It’s metaphysical, which is what I think films should be and it’s very rare they are. It becomes a sensual, emotional journey.

Q: What words of advice do you have for young Cambodians trying to make their mark in the film industry?
A: If there’s one part of the world that has so many unbelievable stories to tell it’s Cambodia. For the young voices who of course want to learn professional technique and the language of making films [but don’t have access] then [they should] still get out their iPhones and begin to tell stories. It’s very important to understand that if you’re in a country where you feel there are stories to tell, to have the courage to voice [them]. The history of Cambodia has been about crushing the voices, crushing freedom of speech, crushing the eyesight of people. Now it’s a new epoch in Cambodia and there’s new people growing up and their eyes and their voices are strong and that’s what you need.

The world premiere of First They Killed My Father will be held at 6pm on Saturday in Siem Reap. Follow The Post’s coverage live on twitter and instagram at @phnompenhpost. The premiere will be followed by other, as yet unannounced, screenings around the country.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-weekend/qa-behind-camera-first-they-killed-my-father
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Fri Feb 17 2017, 22:25

Jolie in Cambodia to showcase her Khmer Rouge film

By Afp

Published: 23:18 EST, 17 February 2017 | Updated: 23:18 EST, 17 February 2017

Angelina Jolie will unveil her new film on the horrors of the Khmer Rouge era on Saturday at the ancient Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia, a country the star shares a deep affinity with through her adopted son Maddox.

Cambodia's king and survivors of the communist regime will be among some 1,500 people invited to the debut screening of "First They Killed My Father", directed by Jolie and the based on the memoirs of Loung Ung.

Loung Ung was five years old when the Khmer Rouge swept into Phnom Penh plunging her family into a harrowing ordeal in brutal labour camps before she eventually escaped to the United States.

In its quest for an agrarian Marxist utopia, the regime killed up to two million Cambodians between 1975-1979 through execution, starvation, and overwork.

"The movie reflects the brutality of the Khmer Rouge regime," Sin Chanchhaya, director of Cambodia's Cinema and Cultural Diffusion Department, told AFP.

"This is a big deal for us. There is a strong interest among the Cambodian people (for the film)," he added.

It is the second movie Jolie has made tackling the subject of genocide -- in 2011 she made a film about the Bosnian conflict featuring entirely local actors.

But her latest silver screen offering is more personal.

Jolie adopted her first son Maddox from an orphanage in Cambodia's western Battambang province in 2002 and frequently travels to the country. She was awarded Cambodian citizenship by King Norodom Sihamoni.

- Family ties -

In an on-set interview with the Guardian published last month, she said it was Maddox, 15, who urged her to make the film.

"He was the one who just called it and said he was ready and that he wanted to work on it, which he did. He read the script, helped with notes, and was in the production meetings," she said.

Because of those who survived and remember the brutal regime, Jolie has been at pains to ensure she treads carefully as a foreigner tackling such a sensitive topic.

"Here everyone has been through it. Everybody is standing ten feet away from someone else who has been through it," she told the Guardian.

As a result, she pushed to ensure the film would be both made by Cambodians and accessible to them.

Almost the entire film is in the Khmer language while all the cast members and much of the crew were local hires.

The film is also co-produced by Rithy Panh, Cambodia's most acclaimed filmmaker.

He lost almost all his immediate family during the Khmer Rouge years but went on to produce some searing documentaries about the genocide that helped break the silence surrounding what happened.

The premier at Angkor will be followed by screenings across the country, some seven months before the film is released to a global audience on Netflix.

Saturday's premier will be a rare public appearance for Jolie since her high-profile split last year from Brad Pitt.

Togther they had brought up Hollywood's most celebrated family with three of their six children adopted from overseas.

Jolie is expected to hold a press conference on Saturday afternoon alongside author Loung Ung.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4236848/Jolie-Cambodia-showcase-Khmer-Rouge-film.html
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Fri Feb 17 2017, 22:31

New Jolie film recounting horrors of Khmer Rouge premieres tonight in Cambodia

By: Claire Knox - POSTED ON: February 18, 2017

Angelina Jolie’s film adaptation of Loung Ung’s harrowing Khmer Rouge memoir, First They Killed My Father, is set to premiere tonight at the country’s famed Angkor temple complex

In the early pages of Khmer Rouge survivor Loung Ung’s haunting memoir, First They Killed My Father, the five-year-old narrator provides a brief yet vivid snapshot of Phnom Penh in the early 1970s, just before the ultra-Maoist Khmer Rouge regime seized power and emptied the city of its inhabitants.

The childlike prose paints Ung as the boisterous and curious tomboy in a loving, affluent family of seven children – playfully scolded by her mother and adored by her father, a police commissioner in the Lon Nol government. Commenting on Ung’s mischief in the book’s first chapter, her father tells his wife that “the fact she gets herself in and out of these situations gives me hope. I see them as clear signs of her cleverness”.

By the end of the book, the poignancy of this characterisation is revealed: these are the traits that in the following years helped Ung survive displacement, forced labour, starvation and the deaths of both of her parents and several of her siblings.

Even as, several years later, she is trained as one of Pol Pot’s child soldiers, the nourishing memories of Ung’s early life stay close to her. Through her eyes, readers are taken on a heart-wrenching journey of the author’s transition from a cheerful city girl to a nine-year-old orphan of Cambodia’s killing fields.

Ung later escaped with her older brother to a Thai refugee camp and eventually to the US. Published in 2000, First They Killed My Father exposed its readers to the atrocities suffered by Cambodians during the nearly four years that the murderous regime was in power. The book was an instant bestseller and has since been published in 14 countries.

And tonight, Ung’s story will be thrust into the international limelight once again when Hollywood star Angelina Jolie’s highly anticipated film adaptation of the memoir screens for the first time at the Terrace of the Elephants, located within the Angkor Thom temple complex, just outside of Siem Reap.

Filmed between 2015 and 2016 in Khmer with an all-Cambodian cast, it is the largest, highest-profile movie ever made in Cambodia. Bophana Productions – a local company founded by Oscar-nominated film director Rithy Panh, who worked as First They Killed My Father’s co-producer – reportedly employed more than 500 Cambodians behind and in front of the cameras, many of whom were survivors of the genocide or survivor’s children.

Scenes set in Phnom Penh were shot mostly in the sleepy town of Battambang in Cambodia’s northwest, while others were shot around the rippling rice fields and dusty villages of Siem Reap, including some inside the ancient, crumbling Angkorian ruins.

Ung was played by first-time actor Sareum Srey Moch (on set, Ung nicknamed her ‘Mini-Me’), while her father was played by writer, artist and interpreter for the Khmer Rouge tribunal Phoeung Kompheak. Her mother was depicted by Sveng Socheata, a well-known Cambodian actress.

At the time of publication, details on the premiere remained scarce. Netflix representatives and the film’s production crew did not respond to requests for comment from Southeast Asia Globe, but a source working closely with the event confirmed it would screen on February 18, with a string of subsequent shows to be held shortly after in rural Cambodian towns and villages.

First They Killed My Father will then be released globally in September through Netflix, the world’s largest online streaming platform. In an interview published in the Guardian in late January, Jolie said she had approached Netflix directly because she “wanted to make the kind of film where I don’t have to compromise and put a famous Chinese actress in as the mother, or make it in a different language in order to get people in the theatres on the first weekend”.

The same year that Ung penned her book, Jolie’s love affair with Cambodia began. The action blockbuster Lara Croft: Tomb Raider had the actor scrambling over giant, tree-covered stones and sipping tea with monks outside Angkor Wat’s lotus-shaped spires. Jolie and the crew set up base in Siem Reap, less than 10km from the ancient ruins, and she soon became immersed in a society that was still reeling from a decades-long civil war. Tomb Raider was perhaps also the catalyst for Jolie’s humanitarian work: she soon returned to Cambodia, working with the UNHCR and later became one of its goodwill ambassadors.

After Jolie purchased a 60,000-hectare national park near the Cardamom mountains and turned it into a protected wildlife reserve in 2003, King Sihamoni awarded her Cambodian citizenship in recognition of her community development and conservation work. In 2006, Jolie and her then-husband Brad Pitt founded the Battambang-based Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation, a community development and environmental NGO.

It was around the time of Tomb Raider that Jolie reportedly first read Ung’s memoir; soon after, she made contact with the writer and they travelled through Cambodia together. It was this trip, Jolie told the Guardian last month, that spurred her to adopt seven-month-old Maddox Chivan. In the lead-up to the adoption, she said, she and Ung discussed “what would be important, to make sure he always knew about himself”.

Now, years later, she will be hoping that her adaptation of Ung’s book puts the country in the spotlight once more. It should be helped by the fact that Cambodia’s film industry has been undergoing something of a renaissance, four decades after Khmer Rouge purges wiped out most of the country’s artists, musicians, actors and filmmakers. A film commission has been established, which encourages local productions and sells Cambodia as a filming destination to foreign productions. Young auteurs such as Kavich Neang, Sothea Ines and Davy Chou have screened at big-name film festivals around the globe, while Panh’s Oscar nomination provided the industry with a huge boost.

While it has been suggested that the young film community felt they were in a better position to tell the harrowing stories of their elders than a foreigner, those Southeast Asia Globe spoke to thought that having Jolie in the director’s chair could be positive for the country’s film scene.

Chou, a French-Cambodian filmmaker whose first full-length feature, Diamond Island, won the screenwriter’s award at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival last year, described it as an “important moment” for local film.

“It looks like nearly all local technicians were hired at one point on the film, working with experienced Hollywood technicians and getting to learn intense and challenging processes, which most had not experienced before.

“This is obviously an amazing opportunity to push the Cambodian film industry standards and quality even higher. The first [trailers] look impressive, and Jolie’s name will bring much attention to the film and it will then bring awareness about the Khmer Rouge. That’s an important thing. Cambodian directors will have more opportunities in the future to tell their own stories of our history,” Chou said.

Sothea Ines, who was awarded the top prize at the 2014 Tropfest Southeast Asia short film festival, said she was excited after viewing First They Killed My Father’s trailer, despite hearing that the majority of the crew’s heads-of-departments were foreign. “It would be hard for a Cambodian director to get the kind of financing needed for this huge production and bring in such a professional crew,” she said.

Yet the central purpose for making the film is the hope that it may have some remedial effect on Cambodians still suffering post-traumatic stress disorder. Co-producer Panh has dedicated his life to ensuring Cambodia’s younger generations do not forget the past. In the Netflix teaser for First They Killed My Father, he said: “In order to mourn, we must speak. It’s the possibility of using creation to reconstruct ourselves. Telling a story is also mourning… it’s moving on.

“It goes further than a film, actually… What we are trying to do, it’s a kind of a bridge between our former selves and tomorrow’s generation. Those who left, those who’ve gone, us survivors and tomorrow’s generation.”

http://sea-globe.com/new-jolie-film-recounting-horrors-of-khmer-rouge-premieres-tonight-in-cambodia/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 09:03

Angelina attended the premiere with her six children

Maddox grinned and waved to the camera while looking smart in a suit and tie, while Pax and Shiloh were also spotted smiling while standing with Angelina. In another snap, the Tomb Raider star's youngest daughter Vivienne can be seen clad in a chic pair of black dungarees with her sister Zahara, who wore a long black dress. The upcoming film, which is based on Loung Ung's memoir on the Khmer Rouge Killing Fields, included both Maddox and Pax in the production, and Angelina spoke about their involvement in the film, adding that Cambodia-born Maddox was "happy to be back in his country".

Maddox waved during a visit to Cambodian King Norodon Sihamoni

She told the Guardian: "He was the one who just called it and said he was ready and that he wanted to work on it, which he did. He read the script, helped with notes, and was in the production meetings." During a press conference, she said: "I read Loung's book many years ago. It helped to open my eyes to what was going on the world. I wanted to tell the story to through the eyes of the child's point of view, the love of a family, to show the beauty of the country and understand what Maddox's parents may have gone through."

http://us.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2017021836742/angelina-jolie-makes-appearance-with-children-for-first-time-since-split-from-brad-pitt/

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 09:13

Angelina Jolie Joined By Children At Cambodian Film Premiere

By WENN in Movies / TV / Theatre on 18 February 2017

Angelina Jolie was joined by her six children at the premiere of her latest film in Cambodia.

The 41-year-old actress made the event a family affair as she invited Maddox, 15, Pax, 13, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and eight-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, to the premiere of First They Killed My Father in Siem Reap on Saturday (18Feb17).

Shown at the Terrace of the Elephant in the ancient Angkor Thom temple complex, the movie was screened to the country's royal family, including King Norodom Sihamoni and Queen Mother Norodom Monineath Sihanouk, along with a host of senior government officials, People.com reports.

Angelina and her family also posed with the royals for a photo at the premiere.

Earlier on Saturday, the Oscar-winning actress took part in a press conference to promote the film, marking her first official public appearance since she filed for divorce from Brad Pitt last year (16).

She told reporters she thinks of Cambodia as her second home, and added Maddox, whom she adopted from an orphanage in the country as a baby, was "happy to be back". Her teenage son, along with his brother Pax, were also both involved in the film's production.

First They Killed My Father is based on the autobiography of Cambodian human rights activist Loung Ung, one of Angelina's friends. Her story documents the devastation inflicted on Cambodia by the Khmer Rouge communist party in the 1970s.

"I read Loung's book many years ago," said Angelina at the press conference. "It helped to open my eyes to what was going on (in) the world. "

Loung was five when more than two million people were killed during the genocide, and Angelina was drawn to her story on a much more personal level.

"I wanted to tell the story through the eyes of the child's point of view, the love of a family, to show the beauty of the country and understand what Maddox's parents may have gone through," she explained.

Jolie used only Cambodian actors, many of whom are the survivors or children of the survivors of the genocide, and she insisted only their native Khmer be spoken throughout the film.

First They Killed My Father will be released globally via Netflix later this year (17).

http://www.contactmusic.net/angelina-jolie/news/angelina-jolie-joined-by-children-at-cambodian-film-premiere_5581747
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 09:42

Angelina Jolie’s Kids Maddox (and Shiloh!) Speak at Emotional Cambodian Movie Premiere

By Helen Regan, Mike Miller and Mary Green

Posted on February 18, 2017 at 6:55am EST

Angelina Jolie‘s long-awaited Cambodian film premiere was a family affair.

The actress was joined by her children — Maddox, 15, Pax, 13, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8 — at the world premiere of her passion project, First They Killed My Father in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Her sons Maddox, who was born in Cambodia, and Pax were both involved in the film’s production.

Presented at the Terrace of the Elephant in the ancient Angkor Wat temple complex, the film was screened to both Hollywood and Cambodian royalty, as the country’s King Norodom Sihamoni and Queen Mother Norodom Monineath Sihanouk were in attendance, along with a host of senior government officials. Jolie and her family posed for a photo with the royal family at the premiere.

The premiere of First They Killed My Father, was screened in the temple of the elephant terrace, a couple of kilometers from where Jolie shot her breakout 2001 film Tomb Raider. As the heat of the day wore off, local families picnicked along the banks of a nearby lake, while monkeys scavenged the area for scraps of food.

While speaking at the premiere, Jolie referenced her deep connection to Cambodia since it is where her first child, Maddox, is from.

“I cannot find words to express what it means to me that I was entrusted with telling part of the story of this country,” she said. “This film was not made to focus on the horrors of the past, but to celebrate the resilience, kindness and talent of the Cambodian people.

“Most of all, this film is my way of saying thank you to Cambodia,” she continued. “Without Cambodia I may never have become a mother. Part of my heart is and will always be in this country. And part of this country is always with me: Maddox.”

Maddox himself took center stage when he spoke to audience, saying:

“Thank you everyone for attending tonight. We finally made it. It’s a great honor to present this film to all of you, and to stand by my mother and my family. And now I’d like to introduce my little sister Shiloh, as she has something to say.”

Little Shiloh then stepped up to the microphone and told the crowd in Khmer: “My name is Shiloh and I love Cambodia.”

Cheany Nem, 30, from Kampong Cham province came to the premiere with her husband, mother, niece and nephew after hearing that locals could see the film for free. But they were not allowed in because they don’t have an invitation and access was tight due to the attendance of the royal family.

“Me, like a lot of young people, want to know what happened during the Khmer Rouge,” Nem said. “My mum is older so knows the story. I heard from her what happened but i wanted to know for myself.

“When I was young I learned about the Khmer Rouge from school. Learning about it made me feel hurt and that makes me want to come see the movie.”

Rady, who works in Siem Reap, agreed about the importance of seeing the movie.

“My kids don’t know anything about the history,” the 40-year-old said outside the premiere. “It’s very important for the kids — they don’t know about all the killings at the time — so by watching this movie they can learn about the history of Cambodia.”

“Of course its hard to talk about what happened, but a movie can say it,” Rady continued. “I hope for the future that our country will teach the youth the history of Cambodia so they know what happened.”

Nem said that Jolie was obviously a big draw for seeing the film but added:

“Its an important memory for every Khmer person. Its important for young people to learn about the Khmer Rouge. They want to know”

Earlier in the day, the Oscar winner made her first public appearance since she filed for divorce from Brad Pitt, when she attended a press event for the film.

At the press conference, Jolie said she thinks of Cambodia “like a second home,” adding, “Maddox is happy to be back in his country.”

Based on the autobiography of the same name by Cambodian human-rights activist Loung Ung, a friend of Jolie’s, First They Killed My Father tells the true story of the devastation inflicted on Cambodia by the Khmer Rouge communist party in the 1970s.

“I read Loung’s book many years ago,” Jolie said at the press conference. “It helped to open my eyes to what was going on the world.”

She added, “I wanted to tell the story to through the eyes of the child’s point of view, the love of a family, to show the beauty of the country and understand what Maddox’s parents may have gone through.”

More than two million people, out of a total population of seven million, were killed during the purge, including Ung’s father, mother and two sisters. “The heart of it is Loung’s story, it’s the story of a war through the eyes of a child, but it is also the story of a country,” Jolie said in a promotional clip for the film.

Jolie used only Cambodian actors, many of whom are the survivors or children of the survivors of the genocide. In addition, Jolie insisted only their native Khmer be spoken throughout the film. Jolie, Ung and the producers hoped the experience of making the film would be cathartic for those who participated.

The actress’s love affair with Cambodia began after she filmed Tomb Raider in the country in 2000. Not long after she was finished with production, she returned to Cambodia as a volunteer for the U.N. refugee agency, UNHCR, for which she is now a special envoy. In 2002, Jolie adopted her first child, Maddox, from a Battambang orphanage.

“He was the one who just called it and said he was ready and that he wanted to work on it, which he did,” Jolie recently told The Guardian of Maddox’s role in the film. “He read the script, helped with notes, and was in the production meetings.”

Jolie’s second-oldest son, Pax, was also involved in the production. In 2015, Jolie told PEOPLE, “Pax is doing a lot of the stills,” adding, “The whole movie is from a child’s point of view.” (See the photos Pax shot above.)

First They Killed My Father will be released globally via Netflix later this year

http://people.com/movies/angelina-jolie-and-her-kids-step-out-for-cambodian-movie-premiere/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 09:49

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 09:54

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 10:03

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 10:05

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 10:08

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 10:19

Angelina Jolie promotes her new film based on her friend’s memoir

Default author image
Hannah Lawrence for Metro.co.ukSaturday 18 Feb 2017 11:43 am

The 41-year-old appeared at a press conference in Siem Reap, Cambodia, to discuss her new film which details the war time experiences of her friend and Cambodian human-rights activist Loung Ung as a child.

During the conference Jolie described Cambodia as ‘a second home’ saying that ‘Maddox is happy to be back in his country’, according to People.

She said: ‘I’m deeply honored to have had the chance to work on the film. I hope it reminds everyone that there are little Loungs all around the world today.’

Jolies new film is based on the memoir by author and friend Loung Ung (right) (Picture: Omar Havana/Getty Images)

The eldest of Jolie’s six children, Maddox, was adopted in 2002 from an orphanage in Battambang, Cambodia.

The film, directed by Jolie, premiers today at the Angkor Wat temple complex.

Cambodia’s King Norodom Sihamoni, the Queen Mother Norodom Monineath Sihanouk and other high-ranking government officials are expected to attend.

Jolie gave a free public screening of the film, based on Loung Un’s memoirs.

First They Killed My Father will air on Netflix globally later this year.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/18/angelina-jolie-promotes-her-new-film-based-on-her-friends-memoir-6456465/#ixzz4Z3Oo8kQ2
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 10:25

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: News Pics and More...   Sat Feb 18 2017, 10:28

Back to top Go down